1. After you. 你先请。
2. I just couldn’t help it.
下面是随意举的一个例子： I was deeply moved by the film and I cried and cried. I just couldn’t help it.
3. Don’t take it to heart.
生活实例：This test isn’t that important. Don’t take it to heart.
4. We’d better be off. 我们该走了。It’s getting late. We’d better be off.
5. Let’s face it. 面对现实吧。
参考例句：I know it’s a difficult situation. Let’s face it, OK?
6. Let’s get started.
劝导别人时说：Don’t just talk. Let’s get started.
7. I’m really dead. 我真要累死了。坦诚自己的感受时说：After all that work, I’m really dead.
8. I’ve done my best. 我已尽力了。
9. Is that so? 真是那样吗？
10. Don’t play games with me!
11. I don’t know for sure.
Stranger： Could you tell me how to get to the town hall?
Tom: I don’t know for sure. Maybe you could ask the policeman over there.
12. I’m not going to kid you.
Karin： You quit the job? You are kidding.
Jack: I’m not going to kid you. I’m serious.
13. That’s something.
A: I’m granted a full scholarship for this semester.
B: Congratulations. That’s something.
1) o! Is (Tom ) in ?
2) Nice to meet you. I'm Bill Dillon.
3) Nice day, isn't it?
4) I'll take all of them.
5) May I / Could I speak to …?
6) Is that … (speaking)? Yes, it is
7) How is everything going?
8) Have a nice trip.
9) This is … (speaking) .
10) Looks like rain, doesn't it ?
11) Shall I open the window for you ?
12) Hold on (for a moment), please./ Just a moment, please. / Wait a moment, please.
13) Who is that? / Can I ask who's calling?
14) Can you tell me the way to the nearest bus stop?
15) Hi ! I'm Judy Drew.
16) Why don't you use a knife?
17) I'm afraid he/she isn't here/ in right now.
18) Can I take a message for you?
19) Will you give him a message, please?
20) -Does he /she have your number?
v --Perhaps not. My number is….
21) How about going for a walk?
22) The line is busy. I'll try again later.
23) Which is the way to the nearest post office?
24) I've lost a case , I wonder if it has been found.
25) May I use the telephone?
26) I can't get through (to sb) . I'll try again later.
27) Take your time , please.
28) May I try it on ?
29) I just call to say …
30) Wrong number!/ I'm afraid you've dialed a wrong number.
31) The line is bad./ It's not a good line.
32) I want to have a look at… .
33) How much is it?
34) I can't decide which to buy.
35) Can you make it cheaper?
36) You are wanted on the phone.
37) I wonder if I could park here.
38) There is a call for you.
39) Would you please not smoke here ?
40) You're welcome.